Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Moringa Tree Health Benefits vs. My BS Meter


About a year ago I came across some information pertaining to a ‘Miracle Tree’ that was mostly edible and which had ‘miraculous’ effects on the human body after consumption. Following is a pretty accurate compilation of the claims I’ve come across:

� Boosts the natural defenses of the body.
� Nourishes the brain and eyes.
� Helps regulate a healthy metabolism.
� Promotes healthy cell structure.
� Promotes healthy cholesterol levels.
� Supports healthy function of the liver and the kidneys.
� Beautifies the skin.
� Increases energy.
� Aids in proper digestion.
� Powerful antioxidants that reduce the risk of tumors and the effects of aging.
� Possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties.
� Promotes a healthy circulatory system.
� Supports the normal sugar levels.
� Helps detoxify the body
� Effective against nervous system disorders including normal and migraine headaches.
� Gives a feeling of general wellness.

While it may be true that the leaf powder can do all the above, it’s also true that eating a healthy and diverse diet can accomplish the same objective. The problem many people have, especially in developed countries, is the desire to eat foods that are fried, high in sugars and or loaded with salt. Doing this over a period of decades can result in obesity, digestive problems and an overall decline in health. These people who then buy the Moringa powder which is a very healthy source of nutrition, then experience ‘wonderful’ and ‘miraculous’ changes in a short span of time. Duh!

My point is that, instead of paying $21 a pound for the powder (excluding shipping costs), you might just be better off spending your money on loads of apples, oranges and bananas. This would work quite nicely assuming you also stay away from the fast foods.

1 comment:

  1. I am gaining weight and I had start dieting to lose weight. I am not losing weight but due to this I feel very week and tired. My friend recommended me moringa supplements to lose weight and I have tried moringa and it really works. Moringa is an organic, natural and powerful energy supplement.

    moringa

    ReplyDelete